Full Circle FarmCorps Service Member
Service Position Title and Type: Full Circle FarmCorps Service Member (¾ Time, 1200 hours)
Purpose: Full Circle FarmCorps is a program specializing in community and school-based gardening, community engagement, and nutrition and food education.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Serve individually and as a team to confront food insecurity and strengthen communities through farming, outreach, and teaching in Arkansas
- Serve directly with sites in garden/farm setting
- Maintain and improve school- and community-based gardens/farms at assigned service sites
- Conduct community outreach and engage volunteers
- Provide education focused on nutrition, cooking, farming/gardening.
- Track changes in health knowledge in participants
- Other duties as assigned that aligns within the scopes of AmeriCorps and grant details
Marginal Functions of Position:
- When called upon, members may be asked to support disaster response and/or recovery efforts as needed by the State of Arkansas.
AmeriCorps Eligibility: AmeriCorps eligibility requires that participants must be at least 17 years of age at the commencement of service; be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States; be high school graduates, GED recipients, or working toward attaining a high school diploma or GED during their term of service; and satisfy the National Service Criminal History Check criteria.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: The Full Circle FarmCorps Service Member will be thoroughly committed to Full Circle’s mission of “Farm. Outreach. Teach.” All candidates must enjoy working in gardens, be good with community members and public outreach, have a positive attitude, and serve as a positive role model for the community they serve.
Other Requirements: AmeriCorps members serving with Full Circle FarmCorps must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or willing to get vaccinated upon acceptance of the position. We will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.
Academic and Experience Qualifications: High school diploma or GED required; a background in gardening and/or relevant college courses preferred but not required.
Service Conditions: This service is performed primarily outdoors. Conditions can be mild to severe depending upon weather conditions. This is a physically active role where you will engage in gardening activities. Some services will be performed indoors.
Commitment Required: Around 40 hours per week over an eight (8) month term beginning October 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023 for a total of 1200 hours.
Orientation and Training: Members will receive orientation and training upon acceptance of position. Additional training will be given when Members are assigned to their service site. Additional training as deemed necessary by the site supervisor and/or Full Circle FarmCorps Operations Officer.
AmeriCorps Program Benefits:
- Bi-weekly Living Allowance
- Segal Education Award at the end of a successful service term
- Student loan forbearance during program
This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender idtentity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, genetic information and military service.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: